The following incidents and arrests were among those reported by the Liberty Lake Police Department from April 21 to May 19. The report is listed in chronological order.
Incidents and arrests
• Golf cart accident - At 6 p.m. April 21, LLPD was dispatched to an accident at the 24000 block of East Maxwell Avenue. A complainant reported four juvenile subjects were driving a golf cart on the sidewalk and had run into a utility box. Upon contact, it was reported by the driver of the golf cart that she was waving at some friends and wasn't paying attention when she ran into the utility box. The parent was called and arrived on scene, at which point the officer advised him of the ordinances pertaining to the use of golf carts.
• Assault - A 19-year-old Liberty Lake man was arrested at 11:09 p.m. April 21 at the 22000 block of E. Country Vista Drive for assault. He reportedly made contact with an ex-girlfriend whom he was trying to work things out with. During the contact, a witness reported that he pushed the girl. An officer made contact with the man and cited him for assault.
• Assault - A 52-year-old Liberty Lake man was arrested at 8:08 p.m. April 26 for assault. A complainant called to report that the man was intoxicated and had become irate when a girl walked between his recliner and the television. He proceeded to push the girl down on the couch and threatened to throw a plate of food at her. When officers made contact with the man, he was observed to be very impaired and slurring his speech. He was arrested for assault and booked into the Spokane County Jail.
• Alleged abuse - At 11 a.m. May 4, LLPD received a report of child abuse at the 23000 block of East Sinto. The complainant reported he suspected his babysitter was being abusive to his child and had audio recorded an incident as proof. LLPD was awaiting this evidence at the time of report.
• Argument - At 3:28 p.m. May 4, LLPD responded to the 20000 block of East Meyers Avenue in regards to a domestic violence argument. The complainant reported he and his wife had had a "rough six months," losing four family members. He reported his wife was highly intoxicated, and he was trying to prevent her from leaving. When an officer arrived, the subject was found on the roof of the house. The officer made his way out a window and onto the roof, where he escorted the subject back inside the home before transporting her to an area hospital.
• Fraud - At 8:35 a.m. May 5, LLPD responded to the 1500 block of North Colonial Court for a fraud. The complainant reported she met a man via "Flirt-O-Matic" in September 2013 and had begun an intimate relationship with him through messages. The subject told the complainant he resided in San Diego and was an electrical engineer. He said he was a widower and was traveling to Cambodia for work. The subject asked the complainant to mail packages for him in his absence to which she agreed as she trusted him. The complainant reported she mailed approximately five packages containing Blackberry phones to Africa for the subject. The complainant reported her bank recently contacted her and advised someone had tried to deposit $4,500 into her bank account. They also advised she was the victim of a "sweetheart scam." The complainant proceeded to contact law enforcement. This case was referred to the detective.
• Traffic accident - At 12:24 p.m. May 6, LLPD responded to a traffic accident at the 25000 block of East Hawkstone Loop. The complainant reported a commercial vehicle carrying lumber was involved in an accident and was upside down on the roadway. The driver of the vehicle was transported to an area hospital for back and neck pain. The lumber was removed from the roadway and Washington State Patrol inspected the 26,000-pound vehicle when it was back upright.
• Assault - A 25-year-old Liberty Lake woman was arrested at 3:45 a.m. May 8 at the 22000 block of East Country Vista Drive for domestic violence assault. Officers arrived after it was reported yelling could be heard inside the apartment. Upon contact, an officer observed a male subject to have a significant scratch running down the length of his face. The female involved was identified and arrested for domestic violence assault before being booked into Spokane County Jail.
• Assault - A 52-year-old Liberty Lake woman was arrested at 2:50 a.m. May 10 at the 21000 block of East Country Vista Drive for domestic violence assault. She was found to have "upper cut" her boyfriend three times after an argument over an ex-girlfriend. Both subjects involved were highly intoxicated upon contact. She was booked into the Spokane County Jail.
• Theft - At 7:37 a.m. May 12, LLPD responded to East Stonecrest and North Wilmington streets for a theft. The complainant reported that upon arriving to work, he observed his tool box with an estimated $2,700 in tools had been stolen. The incident was placed under investigation.
• Report of rape - At 12:49 p.m. May 12, LLPD responded to the 21000 block of East Country Vista Drive when a complainant reported her son had come home from a visit at his father's and told his brother that a child in the father's residence has molested him multiple times. The matter was placed under investigation.
• Assault - A 46-year-old Spokane man was arrested at 11:24 a.m. May 13 at North Madson Road for assault. A complainant from the hotel reported receiving a call at the front desk and hearing a woman screaming in the background. An officer arrived at the location and observed a male walking toward East Appleway Avenue. The male was identified by witnesses to be involved. Upon officer contact, the man was questioned and reported he had thrown food into the toilet of the hotel room, and that's it. An officer spoke to the victim who reported she had scratched the man while he was holding her down on the bed and pushing her. The victim reported she had come to the room with breakfast and the man became irate and started arguing with her about something. He then threw the food in the toilet and assaulted her. Witnesses reported hearing the victim screaming from inside the room. The man was arrested for assault and transported to the Spokane County Jail.
• Obstruction - A 76-year-old Valley, Wash., man was arrested at 2:22 p.m. May 13 for obstructing. During a traffic stop, an officer observed the passenger in the vehicle the man was driving to be scared. The officer requested the driver step out of the vehicle and asked where he was coming from. The man reported he and his passenger had just left the casino. It was reported to the officer by the passenger that the man takes her to the casino and buys her drinks and pays for her gambling if she has sex with him. The female subject reported she was scared as the man is forceful and asked that officers not leave her with him. After an officer questioned the man regarding this information, and he persisted in lying to the officer about who the passenger was and what her name was, he was cited for obstructing a law enforcement officer. The passenger was taken to an area hospital at her request.
• Theft - At 7:19 p.m. May 16, LLPD responded to the 1200 block of North Liberty Lake Road for a theft. The complainant reported two juvenile males entered the store and stole a total of $25.71 in alcohol. As one of the juveniles was known to management from previous incidents, his parents were contacted. The matter was referred to the detective.
• Runaway - At 3:28 p.m. May 18, LLPD responded to North Liberty Lake Road and East Settler Drive for a welfare check. The complainant reported her child had run away from home and was currently on the side of a nearby hill. Officers made contact with the youth and took him home.
• Repeated theft - At 9:32 a.m. May 18, LLPD responded to the 1200 block of North Liberty Lake Road for a theft. The complainant reported that a known male had come into the store the previous night and proceeded to put $210.91 of alcohol, along with some perishable items, into a basket before running out the back of the store through an emergency exit. At 9:55 p.m. that same day, LLPD responded to the store again when the same suspect was reportedly back in the store and in the liquor aisle. When management approached him, the male ran out the back of the building with three unknown bottles of alcohol. The incident was placed under investigation.
Calls for service
Reported by the Liberty Lake Police Department April 21 to May 19
Agency assist 1
Attempt to locate 1
Child abuse or neglect 1
Citizen assist 1
Disorderly conduct 3
Domestic violence 2
Lost or found property 1
Not classified 1
Obstructing justice 1
Property theft 4
Statutory rape (no force) 1
Suspicious person/circumstance 4
Traffic accident 4
Traffic offense 11
Welfare check 5
Reported by the Liberty Lake Police Department April 21 to May 19
Driving without license/ID 2
Expired registration 7
Failure to stop at red light 1
Following too close 1
Ignition interlocks 2
Illegal use of studded tires 2
Liability insurance 1
Obstructing law enforcement 1