Incidents and arrests
• Stolen vehicle - At 8:30 a.m. Nov. 20, LLPD received a report of a stolen vehicle from the 22800 block of East Country Vista Drive. The complainant stated his vehicle was stolen from the parking lot of the apartment complex overnight. At 12:30 p.m. the same day, the complainant's vehicle was located in the parking lot of Albertsons.
• Stolen checks - On Nov. 21, LLPD received a report of missing debit cards and checks from the 25000 block of East Hawkstone Loop. The complainant received a call from her bank stating that a subject was trying to cash a check on her account and they wanted to verify some information, and she told the bank the checks were stolen. The case has been assigned to Det. Ray Bourgeois.
• Malicious mischief - At 1:30 p.m. Nov. 21, LLPD received a report of a malicious mischief incident that had happened the prior day at the 1600 block of North Signal Road. The complainant said that when he returned to his car after work, he noticed the driver's side window was busted, although nothing was missing from the car. A review of video surveillance determined that a dark-colored SUV pulled up next to the complainant's vehicle, and the passenger in the SUV reached out and struck the complainant's window, breaking it. The SUV then backed out of the parking area and drove off.
• Theft - At 11:25 a.m. Nov. 21, LLPD received a report of a theft at the 25000 block of Hawkstone Loop. The owner of the business reported he suspected an employee of theft. When he confronted the employee about it, the employee had nothing to say. The owner is researching financial records and will provide detailed information to LLPD when that is completed. The case has been assigned to Detective Ray Bourgeois.
• Family argument - At 5 p.m. Nov. 21, LLPD was dispatched to the 1400 block of North Murray for an argument between family members. The officers were able to assist in resolving the issue.
• Another argument - At 9:50 p.m. Nov. 23, LLPD was dispatched to the 23000 block of East Valleyway. It was determined that a husband and wife were arguing, and no crime was committed.
• Telephone harassment - At 9:15 p.m. Nov. 23, LLPD received a report of a telephone harassment at the 21000 block of East Country Vista Drive. The complainant reported he was receiving text messages threatening to kill him and asking where a certain person was. The complainant did not recognize the number or know the person the subject was referring to. When the complainant sent a message back, the suspect continued to send him threatening messages. LLPD called the number where the text messages were coming from and told the person to stop texting the number. The suspect did not respond and hung up the phone. Within a few minutes, a text message was left on the on-duty officer phone from the same number with inappropriate language. The officer responded to the suspect's text message and received another inappropriate message back. The case has been forwarded to Detective Bourgeois.
• Alarm - At 8:30 a.m. Nov. 23, LLPD was dispatched to the 23000 block of East Maxwell for a residential alarm.
• Another alarm - At 1:15 a.m. Nov. 24, LLPD was dispatched to a commercial alarm at the 1300 block of North Liberty Lake Road. The business was checked and all doors were secure.
• False alarm - At 7:30 a.m. Nov. 23, LLPD was dispatched to a holdup alarm at the 23000 block of East Knox Avenue. It was determined the alarm was due to an employee error.
• Another false alarm - At 9:30 a.m. Nov. 24, LLPD was dispatched to a residential alarm at the 300 block of South Legend Tree Drive. It was determined the alarm was false.
• Trespassing - At 7:45 a.m. Nov. 24, LLPD received a report of a malicious mischief/trespassing incident at Rocky Hill Park. It was reported that the plywood covering the barn on the property was removed. Officers checked inside and found a case of empty beer, and it appeared as if someone had recently been inside. LLPD will review video surveillance of the area for any suspect information.
• Vehicle prowl - At 7:15 p.m. Nov. 21, LLPD received a report of a vehicle prowl at the 24900 block of East Hawkstone Loop. The complainant reported that between 3 p.m. Nov. 18 and 8 a.m. Nov. 19, the left rear window of the complainant's car was broken while parked at the apartment complex, although nothing was missing from the vehicle.
• DWLS - LLPD officers made three arrests for driving with a suspended license during the reporting period, including:
- A 26-year-old Spokane man at 7:35 p.m. Nov. 24 at Liberty Lake Road and Appleway;
Calls for service