2/26/2014 10:05:11 AM
STCU announces promotions
Spokane Teacher Credit Union announced the promotion of two Vice Presidents to chief officer positions recently. Ev Hopkins has been named chief administrative officer and Belinda Caillouet has been promoted to chief operations and information officer. These promotions are part of a new senior management structure at STCU.
Hopkins joined STCU in 1995 and previously served as the vice president of human resources and organizational development. As CAO, Hopkins oversees human resources, training, administration, facilities and marketing.
Caillouet, who joined STCU in 1986, formerly held the position of vice president of information technology. In her new role as CIO/COO, she oversees technology, branches and operations.
STCU is headquartered in Liberty Lake.
Annual Chamber honorees include Telect, The Splash
The Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce recognized the following businesses, individuals and organizations as winners in the 2013 Awards of Excellence program at the annual Gem of the Valley Gala.
- Business of the Year - Tier I: The Splash/The Current
- Business of the Year - Tier II: Telect Inc.
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Mark and Steffanie Anderson, Business Cents
- Charity/Cultural Services Award: Spokane Symphony
- Community Caring Award: Mark Peterson, "KXLY Extreme Team"
- Chamber Member Volunteer of the Year: Julie Van Wormer, ALSC Architects
- Educators of the Year: Central Valley School District, Leanne Donley; West Valley School District, Haley Murray
- 2013 Harry E. Nelson Citizen of the Year: Max Spalding
More than 250 guests attended the Jan. 25 event, which was held at the Mirabeau Park Hotel.