The following incidents, arrests, calls for service and citations were reported by the Liberty Lake Police Department Nov. 26 to Dec. 3.
12/5/2012 8:54:14 AM
Incidents and arrests
• Harassment - At 10 a.m. Nov. 27, LLPD was dispatched to the 22000 block of East Country Vista Drive for phone harassment. The complainant stated an unknown caller asked for him by name and then made a threat of violence against him.
• Reckless driving - A 20-year-old Post Falls man was arrested at 2:30 p.m. Nov. 26 at the Liberty Lake ORV park for reckless driving. Officers were dispatched to the park for a suspicious vehicle call, and while in route were advised that a subject in a blue compact car was driving in the area designated for off-road vehicles and horses and was also attempting to enter a locked gate. Upon arrival, the officer located a blue vehicle driving at a high rate of speed and spinning in circles in the trailer parking area. When contacted, the driver stated he was told by friends that it was ok to drive his vehicle in the ORV park. The man was issued a criminal citation for the driving offense and trespassed from the park, and the park ranger was also advised.
• Warrant arrest - A 28-year-old Liberty Lake man was arrested at 7:45 p.m. Nov. 27 at the 1200 block of North Liberty Lake Road on an outstanding arrest warrant for DUI and driving without a valid license. The man had called law enforcement due to the fact his vehicle was being repossessed, and officers learned this was being done in accordance with the law. They also learned of the outstanding warrants. The car was taken by the recovery agent, and the man was transported to jail.
• Litter - At 1:10 p.m. Nov. 27, LLPD received a littering complaint at the 19000 block of East Broadway. The complainant stated littering on the property is an ongoing issue.
• Accident - At 1:30 a.m. Nov. 30, LLPD assisted the Spokane County Sheriff's Office and Washington State Patrol with a one-car injury collision at Trent and Wellesley in Otis Orchards. The driver of the vehicle was transported to the hospital, and WSP conducted a DUI investigation.
• Fighting child - At 7:10 p.m. Nov. 29, LLPD was dispatched to the 25000 block of East Hawkstone Loop, where an 11-year-old child was fighting with his brother and mother. When officers were talking with the child, he made suicidal threats. The child was taken into protective custody and transported to the hospital.
• Assault - At 10:50 a.m. Nov. 28, LLPD received a report of a Nov. 27 assault between two subjects who work at a Liberty Lake business. During the investigation, it was determined the assault occurred in Spokane Valley. The case was referred to that department.
• Reckless driver - At 5:50 p.m. Nov. 27, LLPD was dispatched to a reckless driver/road rage incident at I-90 and Liberty Lake. Officers checked the area and could not locate the suspect vehicle.
• Identity theft - At 10:35 a.m. Nov. 29, LLPD was dispatched to a fraud/identity theft at the 22800 block of East Country Vista Drive. The complainant stated he recently learned that a subject had opened a mobile phone account in his name in December 2008. The complainant learned about the incident while applying for a refinance for a vehicle.
• Accident - At 5:40 a.m. Nov. 26, LLPD was dispatched to a two-car collision at Molter and Mission. While a vehicle was stopped at the stop sign, a second vehicle rear-ended the vehicle that was stopped. The at-fault driver was issued an infraction for following too close.
• Vehicle prowl - At 11:50 a.m. Nov. 30, LLPD was dispatched to a vehicle prowl in progress at the 23000 block of East Appleway Avenue. The complainant told police he went out to his vehicle at lunch and found a man lying on the seat of the vehicle going through the complainant's wallet. The complainant detained the subject and called police. When questioned, the suspect, a 57-year-old Spokane man, told police he was told by a friend on Facebook that he could come to Liberty Lake and find a blue pickup truck with the keys in it that he could use for the purpose of driving around Liberty Lake to look for a job. The suspect could not provide information on which friend was on Facebook and stated he did not know who the vehicle belonged to. He was booked into the Spokane County Jail for the vehicle prowl.
• Attempted burglary - At 11:55 a.m. Nov. 28, LLPD received a report of an attempted burglary at the 2200 block of North Molter Road. The complainant advised that sometime within the past few days, some of the screws from the hasp that holds the lock to a storage shed located near the business were removed, but entry was not gained.
• Malicious mischief - Four teenage boys from the Liberty Lake/Spokane Valley area were arrested at 9:50 p.m. Nov. 30 at the 1200 block of North Ormond for malicious mischief. Officers were dispatched to a report that someone was in the basement window well of a residence trying to get in. When the homeowner went to investigate, he heard what sounded like several subjects running south from the front of his home. Officers did not locate anyone, but within a few minutes received another call from a man living at the 23000 block of East Boone stating he just chased after several juvenile males after they threw something at his house. The officers contacted one subject in the area of Boone and Molter, which led them to another hiding nearby. It was determined the teenagers were all staying the night at a house on Ormond, where the other two subjects were located. Damage was caused to the window well, and all are being charged. Parents of the teenagers were contacted.
• Agency assist - At 4:50 a.m. Dec. 2, LLPD was requested to assist the Spokane County Sheriff's Office on a drug evaluation at Broadway and Mullan.
• Theft complaint - At 5 a.m. Dec. 2, LLPD was dispatched to the 22800 block of East Country Vista Drive for a theft. The complainant stated he believes his ex-roommate removed his Sony Playstation and $120 in cash when he moved out during the night to return to Utah. The officers contacted the roommate by telephone and asked about the theft of the items. The subject denied any involvement in the theft.
• Warrant arrest - A 43-year-old Spokane man was arrested at 10:15 p.m. Nov. 26 at Appleway and Liberty Lake Road for outstanding arrest warrants for theft and assault. He was also driving with a suspended license. His vehicle was initially stopped for expired vehicle registration. He was booked into jail.
• DWLS - In addition to the above arrest, LLPD officers made four other arrests for driving with a suspended license during the reporting period, including:
- A 25-year-old Post Falls man at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 27 at Appleway Avenue and Signal Road;
- A 21-year-old Newman Lake woman at 7:40 a.m. Nov. 28 at Appleway and Meadowwood Lane;
- A 39-year-old Coeur d'Alene man at 8:30 a.m. Nov. 29 at Country Vista Drive and Whitman Lane;
- A 25-year-old Spokane man at 8:30 p.m. Nov. 29 at Indiana and Barker.
Calls for service
Agency assist 3
Failure to appear 2
Malicious mischief 1
Property damage 1
Property theft 1
Suspicious person/circumstance 1
Traffic accident 1
Traffic offense 5
Vehicle prowl 1
Welfare check 1
License and plates required 2
Liability insurance 4
Following too close 1
Speed in school zone 1
Reckless driving 1